In Photoshop, you can curve text using at least two different techniques. Utilizing paths is the initial strategy. The Warp Tool, a Transform Tool in Photoshop, can be used as the second technique.
Method 1: Type On A Path In Photoshop
What does a Photoshop path mean? A Photoshop path is an open or closed, straight or curved line that cannot be printed.
How can a path be created in Photoshop?
Use the Pen Tool, Ellipse Tool, Rectangle Tool, Custom Shape Tool, etc. in Photoshop to create text on a path. It is crucial to select Paths rather than Shape from the top menu.
- Following are the procedures needed to type on a path in Photoshop:
Step 1 is to choose the Ellipse tool.
Step 2: Switch from Shape to Paths as the tool mode.
- Step 3. If you keep the Shift key pressed, you can create an ellipse or a circle.
- Select the Type Tool and make font and size selections.
- Continue moving the cursor along the path until it resembles an I-beam with a wavy line cutting it.
- Select the path, then type your text.
- To move the text along the route, choose the Path Selection Tool.
Method 2: Bend Text In Photoshop [Warp > Arch]
- The Photoshop tool called “bend text” is another way to curve text.
- Select Arch from the drop-down box under Edit > Transform > Warp. You may create an arching text in Photoshop in this manner.
- Play around with the Photoshop bend text options to create various curved text effects.
- horizontal distortion in a bend
- Vertical Warping
- Set the Bend text Photoshop setting, for instance, to -45 to create curved text.
Method 3: Bend Text In Photoshop [Warp > Arc]
Use the Arch option rather than the Arched option to bend text without distorting it.
Select Arc from the drop-down box under Edit > Transform > Warp. This method for creating an arching font in Photoshop avoids distortion.
How To Warp Text In Photoshop?
Therefore, you can use one of the Warp transform options in Photoshop, such as Arc, Arc Lower, Arc Upper, Arch, Bulge, Flag, Wave, etc., to warp text. If you want to curve an image in Photoshop, the warp transformation is also fantastic. The text must first be changed into a smart object in order to produce bespoke warped text in Photoshop. Before making the text into a smart object, increase the font size; otherwise, the warp text effect would appear hazy. These are a few techniques you can use in Photoshop to curve fonts.
Circle Text In Photoshop
In Photoshop, you essentially use a circle shape rather than an ellipse shape to create a circle text. Use the PhotoshopSupply circular text action for quick results.
How To Distort Text In Photoshop
The text curving is a distort text effect just like the warp text effect. But, there are other distort text effects that you can use. Check out this cool distort text Photoshop action to make distorted text.